University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada. The Work-Study program is available to students with financial needs while studying in the University.
The Work-Study program offers part-time, on-campus employment for students with financial need during the school year. Apply to the program to gain valuable work experience and skills related to your field right on campus.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
Application Deadline: September 12, 2023
University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada | DETAILS
Administered by the Financial Aid, Awards, and Career Services, the Work-Study Program at the University of Manitoba is deeply committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within its community. The program warmly encourages applications from women, individuals from racially diverse backgrounds, Indigenous individuals, people with disabilities, those representing various sexual orientations and gender identities, and any others who can contribute to the enrichment of diverse perspectives.
Eligibility Criteria To qualify for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada, applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Provide evidence of a government student aid package for the 2023-2024 academic year amounting to a minimum of $2,000. Alternatively, demonstrate proof of 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding. In case of delays in receiving funding, please contact Work-Study to discuss a suitable plan for your situation. (Note: Previous government aid is not considered; personal bank loans like lines of credit or educational loans, as well as registered educational saving plans, do not count for this program.)
- Be officially registered at the University of Manitoba as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student for both the Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 terms. Undergraduate students should maintain a minimum 60% course load (equivalent to 9 credit hours per term). Graduate students are advised to get in touch with us for case-by-case assessment of their eligibility.
- Attain a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum institutional grade point average of 2.0 from the previous academic session (this criterion does not apply to new UM students).
- Reside within Manitoba throughout the entire period of Work-Study employment.
Please use the English language for communication.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada should follow these steps:
All students need to re-apply for the Work-Study program every year due to financial aid requirements.
To apply for Work-Study:
- Register or log-in to your existing UMConnect
- On the navigation pane on the left-hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Work-Study Program Application.
- Complete and submit the form for a pre-approved Work-Study access. After submitting the form, you will need to click on the “Accept” button on the right-hand side under “Action required by you” to view and apply to job postings.
You must attach documents demonstrating your eligibility to the application. This could include a copy of your 2023-2024 financial aid assistance, Indigenous band sponsorship, or disability funding.
TO PROCEED< CLICK APPLY NOW
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION